The affiliate broker and broker examinations are divided into two sections: national and state.
Candidates who pass one section but fail the other need retake only the section they failed. The passing score for one section of an examination is valid for two (2) retakes of the failed section or six (6) months, whichever comes first. The timeshare salesperson and acquisition agent exams are one-part.
- For affiliate broker and broker examinations candidates who fail, both sections, the first attempt at the examination may retake it as soon as they want (however you cannot schedule until the day after you took the examination).
- Those who make a third attempt at the examination must wait thirty (30) days after the second.
- Those who fail the third attempt must obtain an additional twelve (12) hours of approved education* and wait thirty (30) days before making a fourth attempt.
- After the fourth attempt, any subsequent exams may be scheduled immediately with no waiting period.
- Note: These retake rules do not apply to the timeshare salesperson and acquisition agent exams. *You must bring proof of the additional twelve (12) hours of approved education to the test site on the day of testing. If you do not you will be denied testing and will forfeit the examination fee.