If I am licensed and residing in another state what do I do with my TN CPA license?

Vernon Greene -

Before you make a decision about what to do with your TN CPA license, contact the State Board of Accountancy in your state of residence to find out requirements they may have. If your state of residence requires you to maintain your TN license you will need to continue to renew your CPA license, pay the biennial renewal fee, submit CPE to the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy and pay the annual Professional Privilege Tax to the TN Department of Revenue. If your state of residence does not require you to maintain your TN license and you do not practice accounting in Tennessee or for Tennessee clients, then you may change your CPA status using one of the affidavits available on our website.

Contact an agent. Submit a request