My CPA did not file my taxes in a timely manner and now the IRS is assessing monetary penalties. I wish to receive restitution. Can the Board force the CPA and/or the accounting firm to pay these penalties?

Vernon Greene -

No. The Board's main objective is to determine if the licensee or licensed accounting firm violated the Accountancy Act. If the conduct of the CPA or licensed accounting firm costs the consumer money, the consumer should file a civil lawsuit against that individual or firm.

Contact an agent. Submit a request