What can the state do if I have a legitimate grievance?

Vernon Greene -

The Commission does not have the authority to award monetary damages, refund money, or force the respondent to complete the project. The Commission may assess discipline such as letters of warning/caution, citations, civil penalties, consent orders and in some cases, they may revoke or suspend the license through an adversarial formal hearing process with an Administrative Judge, pursuant to the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act.  Anyone seeking to recover monetary remedies for injuries should consult a private attorney, as the Commission has no jurisdiction over these matters. Further, the Commission cannot hold the issuance of a license renewal until the respondent is given due process through the Uniform Administrative Procedures by a formal hearing.  

Civil penalties or fines with an order to “cease and desist” may be issued for unlicensed activity.

Contact an agent. Submit a request