- Dealers -- Anyone who sells more than five (5) motor vehicles in one (1) year must become a licensed motor vehicle dealer.
- Salesmen -- Anyone selling vehicles for a dealership must be licensed for that particular dealership.
- Auctions -- Any auction house that sells motor vehicles to dealers or to the public.
- Manufacturers/Distributors -- Any person or firm that manufactures or assembles new or used vehicles to be sold in the state of Tennessee.
- Representatives -- People who work for a manufacturer or distributor that sells in the state of Tennessee.
- Dismantler/recycler -- Any person, firm, association, corporation, or trust resident or nonresident, who is engaged in the business and/or providing facilities for the purpose of recovering parts from automobiles and trucks. Those which have been wrecked or otherwise rendered inoperable as transportation vehicles with the parts recovered being for resale and further reduce used automobiles and trucks to a condition capable of salvage for their scrap content by scrap processors.
- RV Dealers -- Anyone who sells vehicles designed as temporary living quarters for recreation, camping, or travel use, which either has its own motive power or is drawn by another vehicle.
- RV Manufacturers/Distributors -- A person or firm that manufactures or assembles new or used RV’s to sell in the state of Tennessee.
Who is required to be licensed with the Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission?
Tim Smith -