- Contract Security Company – Any person engaging in the business of providing, or undertaking to provide, a security guard and patrol service on a contractual basis for another person.
- Proprietary Security Organization – Any person or department thereof who employs a security guard/officer solely for such person in an employer/employee relationship.
- Certified Security Guard Trainer – Any individual certified by the Commissioner as qualified to administer and certify to successful completion of minimum training requirements required for security guards/officers.
- Armed Security Officer – A security officer who at any time wears, carries, possesses, or has access to a firearm, or any facsimile of any firearm which may give the impression that such person is armed.
- Unarmed Security Officer – A security officer who never wears, carries, or has access to a firearm, or any facsimile of a firearm, but who may carry non-lethal devices with the proper certification.
Who is required to be licensed?
Mona Wynne -