Individuals and companies
Private investigator means any person who engages in the business or accepts employment to obtain or furnish information with reference to:
- Crimes or wrongs done or threatened against the United States or any state or territory of the Unites States
- The identity, habits, conduct, business, occupation, honesty, integrity, credibility, knowledge, trustworthiness, efficiency, loyalty, activity, movement, whereabouts, affiliations, associations, transactions, acts, reputations, or character of any person
- The location, disposition, or recovery of lost or stolen property
- The cause or responsibility for fires, libels, losses, accidents, damages, or injuries to persons or to property
- The securing of evidence to be used before any court, Commission, commission, officer, or investigating committee.