The following steps must be taken in order to obtain an auctioneer license:
- Applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Complete an apprenticeship of at least two (2) years under the supervision of a licensed Tennessee auctioneer.
- Complete a 30-hour approved auction education program.
- Retain a copy of the application for your records.
- Complete and submit to testing company (PSI):
- Application for auctioneer license
- 30-hour qualifying education certificate
- Completed apprentice log
- Copy of high school or GED certificate
After receiving notice that you have successfully completed the auctioneer exam, remit the appropriate fees to the Tennessee Auctioneer Commission for issuance of your auctioneer license. You may begin practicing as an auctioneer upon receipt of your license and proper affiliation with a licensed auction firm.
For fee schedule, please refer to application.