Real Estate Appraisers
Our Mission:The Real Estate Appraiser Commission strives to protect the public welfare by ensuring that only qualified persons are licensed or certified and that all licensees uphold the highest appropriate professional standards of practice, independence and competency.
- ★ How do I verify if an appraiser is licensed?
- ★ How do I file a complaint about an appraiser?
- What can the State do if I have a legitimate grievance?
- How do I get information regarding complaints filed or disciplinary action taken against an Real Estate Appraiser?
- Can I file a complaint anonymously?
- What happens after I file a complaint?
- ★ How do I apply for an appraiser license?
- ★ How do I renew an appraiser license?
- Can you recommend an appraiser?
- How do I make sure the appraiser is licensed?
- Am I allowed to communicate with my appraiser?
- What if I disagree with the appraisal?
- ★ What is a real estate evaluation?
- ★ Are evaluations regulated by the Tennessee Real Estate Appraiser Commission?
- ★ As a Tennessee licensed or certified appraiser, can I perform an evaluation?
- ★ Does an evaluation, performed by a licensed or certified appraiser, have to meet USPAP requirements?
- ★ Are there specific guidelines set forth by the Tennessee Real Estate Appraiser Commission, as to what must be included in an evaluation?
- ★ Does placing a Tennessee appraiser license number on an evaluation make it an appraisal (assuming the report meets the evaluation requirements set forth in T.C.A. § 62-39-104(d))?