The Division of Consumer Affairs
The Division of Consumer Affairs is the clearinghouse for consumer complaints about unfair or deceptive acts or practices conducted within this state. We strive to protect consumers and legitimate business enterprises from those who engage in illegal activity as provided under the “Tennessee Consumer Protection Act of 1977,” T.C.A. §§ 47-18-101 et seq. The Division encourages the development of fair consumer practices and promotes statewide consumer education.
- Formal Actions
- Should I contact another Government Agency?
- What if I am still not satisfied after the complaint process?
- May I e-mail for an update on my complaint?
- What if the business does not contact me in regard to my complaint?
- What is the Complaint Process?